Google search Engine

Google

AL JAZEERA NEWS

Click stop to stop the channel

Sunday 30 March 2008

Fixing a Wet phone

The toilet, the sink, a puddle, the laundry… it's so easy for your phone to wind up soaked through and through. Everyone has an opinion on how best to dry out a wet cell phone, but the technique I like best is to remove the battery and place the phone in a bowl of uncooked white rice. The rice wicks the water from the phone. (If your phone uses a SIM card, remove it too. At least you'll have your data.)

Drying out a wet phone with a hair dryer is often a first impulse, but heat can damage the phone even more. For more ideas on drying, from using silica gel to halogen lamps, see Wikihow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is truely amazing, I followed your instructions as was able to get my Nokia 6110 from 1999 to work again!! I had also dropped it in the toliet. You are truely blessed for providing me with such information! I only wish you would provide more tips and ideas. I look forward to reading more updates on your blog soon oh blessed Welyweah, thank you, thank you! I love my Nokia 6110 again!